- Adaptation of Eric Jager novel, The Last Duel into feature film for Jeff Robinov’s Studio 8. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 helmer Francis Lawrence is attached to direct with Erwin Stoff producing.
- True History of the Kelly Gang for Porchlight Films and Daybreak Pictures, adapted from Peter Carey’s novel and directed by Justin Kurzel
- A Man With No Enemies feature film for See-Saw Films
- Untitled feature film for See-Saw Films
- Feature film screenplay adaptation of Jasper Jones based on the novel by Craig Silvey for Porchlight Films.
- Sundance Film Festival 2017 – screenplay adaptation of Berlin Syndrome based on the novel by Melanie Joosten for Aquarius Films
In 2016, Shaun received his third AWGIE Award, this time for Best Adapted Screenplay for the feature film, Jasper Jones. He was also nominated in the same category for Berlin Syndrome. In 2015 he won an AWGIE Award (with fellow writers, Jacquelin Perske, Stuart Beattie and Cate Shortland) for the successful mini-series Deadline Gallipoli produced for Matchbox Pictures/NBC Universal on FOXTEL (Showcase).
Shaun Grant’s chilling debut feature film, Snowtown was released in 2011 and saw him win the AACTA Award for Best Adapted Screenplay in 2012. Produced by Anna McLeish and Sarah Shaw, Snowtown was Warp Film Australia’s first feature release and has established Shaun as one of Australia’s most exciting emerging screenwriters. Screening at the BigPond Adelaide Film Festival, it won the Audience Award for Best Feature Film, and the AWGIE for Best Adapted Screenplay.
Shaun is a Melbourne based writer and graduate from RMIT with an Advanced Diploma in Creative Screenwriting. Shaun was one of four writers who wrote and developed the Drama Series Killing Time, which premiered on the FOXTEL network and screened again on the Seven Network. In 2010 Shaun won the Greg Teppar Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Victorian Screen Industry.
Berlin Syndrome Trailer
Jasper Jones Trailer
Deadline Gallipoli Trailer